Sunday, October 12, 2014

MFT October Release Countdown, Day Three + a Video

countdownday3_2014oct12 (1)

Hi, everyone, and welcome to Day Three of MFT’s October Release Countdown! It’s almost here! Release is on October 14th at 10pm—get all the details at the MFT Blog! Today we’re previewing PI Christmas Banner Die-namics, PI Christmas Banner, and Positive Sign Stencil.

This is such a darling image, don’t you think?! I cut PI Christmas Banner Die-namics from X-Press It Blending Card, stamped it with Black Licorice hybrid ink, and colored it with Copic markers—I love how her dress looks like velvet--except the banner in her hands, that was filled that in with a gold pen.

countdownday3_2014oct12 (2)

Then, on a Wild Cherry card stock base, I stamped Fine Chevron Background with Wild Cherry ink and popped up Snowflake Fusion Cover-Up, cut from Sweet Tooth card stock and backed with another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock. I popped it up off-center so there’s a border of the stamped base showing. Then I popped up the PI image on the base with some gold twine sandwiched in between. The sentiment was stamped on a strip of Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice ink and popped it up on foam as well. To finish off, I added some glittery gold enamel dots.

Here are the Copic markers I used on this image:


countdownday3_2014oct12copics (1)


Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.


countdownday3_2014oct12copics (2)
*****

My second card revisits a couple of products that I can’t get enough of: Snowfall Background and Pierced Snowflakes Die-namics.

SSSC240_2014oct12


I have a video showing how easy it is to heat emboss this background and how the card was constructed. To view the video, click on the button below, or you can watch it HERE on YouTube.



I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then stamped Snowfall Background on a piece of Nightshift Blue card stock and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I stamped the sentiment, from Merry Messages, and heat embossed in the same manner. I popped that up on the base on foam and added three strips of silver glitter card stock and the Pierced Snowflakes Die-namics, all popped up on foam.

I finished the sentiment on the inside, stamped with Nightshift Blue ink and using clear gems for the ellipses.

SSSC240_2014oct12in

This card is also for today’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2

countdownday3_2014oct12 (1)





SSSC240_2014oct12



~Supplies~
PI Card:
Stamps:
PI Christmas Banner, Fine Chevron Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Wild Cherry card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
PI Christmas Banner Die-namics, Snowflake Fusion Cover-Up Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, gold twine, glitter enamel dots, Copic markers, gold Pentel pen

Peace Card:
Stamps:
Snowfall Background, Merry Messages (MFT)
Ink:
Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink, Nightshift Blue Ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Nightshift Blue card stock (MFT); glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Pierced Snowflakes Die-namics (MFT); embossing powder, heat tool, foam tape


1CAS Signature2

21 comments:

  1. Great card
    Looking forward to Tuesday
    Love the colors n that snow fashion
    Bring it on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards, but I must admit I'm especially drawn to your snowflake background card...just lovely. And thanks for the video as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snowflake background and the beautiful large snowflake. Great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Barbara. I love that snowflake cover up, looks so effective behind that sweet image, which you've coloured beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gold & red on the PI card is wonderful; I especially love the addition of that gold twine. I'm a huge fan of the Pierced Snowflake Die-namics so I love your 2nd card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both cards....love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards Barbara! I love the doily background and the touches of gold on the Pure Innocence card and I love that big gorgeous snowflake and that pretty background on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. Love the way you did the twine behind that sweet PI image. Your Peace card is gorgeous. Love the background and the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, love the coloring on the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both fabulous cards!! Love that snowfall background & the snowflake die!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet sweet cards. Love that snowflake background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such and enabler, Bar! I am loving that snowflake cover-up - wow!! And the giant snowflake with the snow background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bar I LOVE that you made a video! It's always a treat to see a crafty gal in action! And I LOVE both of your cards! One of my favorite colors is a blue&white with a touch of silver. Perfection. And I agree with Karen G. that snowflake cover up!!! Need it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are beautiful. I love the little girl in red and gold, and your snowflake card is fabulous. All of those tiny pieces of foam tape on the snowflake! It does make a difference, though. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. :) Pretty cards! love the PI card with strip of red on the side and the navy background really lets the snowflake pop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that pretty snowflake with the falling snow in the background and the PI is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your little girl card: so sweet, and your coloring is just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are wonderful. I will take inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your PI card, she and the card are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such great cards. I love the background on your first card and the gold thread behind the little girl - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both are beautiful but that snowflake card is breathtakingly gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!