Friday, February 20, 2015

MFT February Die-Namics Design Challenge–Express Yourself

dienamicsdesign1_2015feb20


Hi, everyone, welcome to a brand new MFT Design Team Challenge: Die-namics Design. This month our theme is “Express Yourself”. Words are the foundation of card design. We all love a beautifully crafted design but the sentiment is really what makes a hand-made card special. Word Die-namics are such a valuable tool as they can be used to create layered die cuts for added dimension, to create peek-a-boo effects, as a mask for different coloring mediums, and so much more. This month, our team is featuring the incredible versatility of word Die-namics. 


MFT_DienamicsDesign_Square
What a fun new challenge!! I have two cards for you today using word Die-namics so let’s get to them, shall we? My first one starts with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next I trimmed down another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock and stamped an image from Abstract Art three times, once with Wild Wisteria dye ink, once with Peach Bellini dye ink, and once with Limelight dye ink. Then I positioned my Happy Die-namics die where I wanted and cut it out, removing the word. I made sure to save the “inside” pieces of the “a”, the “p” and the “y”. Then I cut it out five times from Sweet Tooth card stock and inserted one of them into the negative space on my panel, substituting the stamped version of the small pieces for the white. Next I adhered the remaining four white copies together, adding the stamped one on top. I coated it with Glossy Accents and set it aside to dry. Meanwhile I stamped the “Birthday” sentiment, from LJD Blissful Butterflies, with Black Licorice ink and popped that panel up on foam. When the Glossy Accents was dry, I adhered the stacked die cuts to the panel, added some enamel dots, and was done.

Here’s a view to show the dimension you get with the stacked layers.

dienamicsdesign1_2015feb20close


On the INSIDE, I stamped a sentiment from LJD Celebrate You with Black Licorice dye ink.

dienamicsdesign1_2015feb20in
*****

My second card is a little more scrappy.

dienamicsdesign2_2015feb20

This card also started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then I stenciled some Grout Gray dye ink on more Sweet Tooth card stock using Harlequin Stencil. I moved it so there were  only some thin white lines showing and then went back and free hand drew in lines with a fine point black marker. I love the look the ruler gives those lines but I think the free hand look is very cool, too, so I’ll be doing both of them. I added a panel of that, then a panel of water color paper on which I stenciled Blu Raspberry dye ink, Grout Gray dye ink, and gold ink from my new water color set using Scattered Bars Stencil. Next up is Sweet Tooth card stock cut with Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics, then more Sweet Tooth card stock stamped with Grid Background and Black Licorice dye ink cut with Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics. The sentiment, from LJD Blissful Butterflies, was stamped on Blu Raspberry card stock with Black Licorice dye ink. The “you” die cut was made by adhering five layers of Black Licorice card stock that was cut with Love & Adore You Die-namics for dimension. Here’s another view so you can see that dimension:

dienamicsdesign2_2015feb20close

I added feathers from LLD Accent It – Feathers and Arrows Die-namics, cut from Grout Gray card stock and gold glitter card stock, tied together with black twine. I finished off with some gold flat back beads.

On the INSIDE, I stamped a sentiment from DC Thankful Leaves with Black Licorice dye ink.

dienamicsdesign2_2015feb20in

And that’s it for this month’s MFT Die-namics Design Challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2

dienamicsdesign1_2015feb20



dienamicsdesign2_2015feb20



~Supplies~
Happy Birthday Card:
Stamps:
Abstract Art, LJD Celebrate You (MFT)
Ink:
Wild Wisteria dye ink, Peach Bellini dye ink, Limelight dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Happy Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT); Glossy Accents, enamel dots

Thank You Card:
Stamps:
LJD Blissful Butterflies, Grid Background, DC Thankful Leaves (MFT)
Ink:
Grout Gray dye ink, Blu Raspberry dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT);
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT); gold glitter paper, water color paper (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Love & Adore You Die-namics, LLD Accent It – Feathers and Arrows Die-namics, Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen (MFT); gold flat-back beads, gold water color paint, black fine point pen, black twine 


1CAS Signature2

1 comment:

  1. OK, ya' had me fooled! I thought the first one was cut from acetate! Both are awesome! Very pretty on the second one, love those colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!