Sunday, May 03, 2015

Hogs & Kisses–SSSC #267

SSSC267_2015may3


Hi, everyone, it’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Today’s sketch is right up my alley—love it! And I’m using a soon-to-be-released MFT stamp set and die, BB The Whole Herd. I just love all the adorable little animals in this set :)

And here’s this week’s sketch:

SSSC267
I started with a Grout Gray card stock base and stamped Tiny Hearts Background on the bottom part with Versamark. Obviously the last time I used that stamp I used red ink and didn’t quite get it totally clean because you can see some hints in the Versamark. I kinda like it, though, so I left it and stamped the sentiment from the set with Black Licorice hybrid ink :)

Next I built up my horizontal element, top to bottom: Black Licorice card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock embossed with white embossing paste through Small Brick Wall Stencil, Electric Red card stock, silver glitter paper, and finally, Sweet Tooth card stock stamped with Striped Backgrounds and Black Licorice dye ink. Before I popped it up on foam on the base, I tied around some baker’s twine. I cut my little piggy from BB The Whole Herd Die-namics using Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb, stamped the coordinating image with Black Licorice hybrid ink, colored it with Copic markers, and popped it up on foam mounting tape. I added some hearts, cut from Electric Red card stock and silver glitter paper using Tag Builder Blueprints 3 Die-namics and Fluttering Hearts Die-namics.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.

SSSC267_2015may3in


And that’s it! Thanks for stopping by today—hope to see you playing with us over at the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
The Whole Herd, Tiny Hearts Background, Striped Backgrounds (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Grout Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Electric Red card stock (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb; silver glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
The Whole Herd Die-namics, Tag Builder Blueprints 3 Die-namics, Fluttering Hearts Die-namics, Small Brick Wall Stencil, white embossing paste, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen (MFT); Copic markers, baker’s twine


1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

6 comments:

  1. Love this card Barbara. It is so cute. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my! Bar....this is the cutest card. I adore that piggy and his sweet little heart kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bar I love this little piggy!! The texture you created with the brick stencil is fantastic. Anther amazing take on this weeks sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinkin' cute! Like your splash of glimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Love the punny sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!