Friday, July 15, 2016

Have a Cool Day–MFT Color Challenge #49

MFTCPC49_2016jul15

Hi, all, I'm back with the latest MFT Color Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s color combo: Tropical Cherry Crisp, Blu Raspberry, Cornflower, and After Midnight. All of the details about the color challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFT_ColorChallenge_PaintBook_49

OK, I tried and tried but these colors just said WINTER to me so I stopped fighting it and just gave in--at least I didn’t do Christmas ;-) I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, applied a watercolor wash to Ranger Watercolor Paper with Peerless Watercolors and a waterbrush, stamped the sentiment from BB Cool Day with Black Licorice hybrid ink, and popped it up on the base with foam mounting tape.

MFTCPC49_2016jul15b

Then I cut BB Cool Day Die-namics from X-Press It Blending Card, stamped the coordinating images from BB Cool Day, and colored them with Copic markers. I added Snow Drifts Die-namics and Puffy Clouds Die-namics cut with Sweet Tooth card stock and popped the colored images up on foam mounting tape to finish off.

And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by today—see you soon!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
BB Cool Day (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
BB Cool Day Die-namics, Snow Drifts Die-namics, Puffy Clouds Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush (MFT); Copic markers

1newsignature

3 comments:

  1. Barbara, leave it to you to have me wanting that cute snowy Cool Day stamp set in the middle of July! This card is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card so much! Although I am definitely not ready for snow yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so stinkin' cute! Like your watercolored background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!